EduPhil.org Forum
Let's discuss UbD+Di - Printable Version

+- EduPhil.org Forum (http://eduphil.org)
+-- Forum: Teachers' Corner (/teachers-corner-forum.html)
+--- Forum: Understanding by Design in Philippine Context (/understanding-by-design-in-philippine-context-forum.html)
+--- Thread: Let's discuss UbD+Di (/let-s-discuss-ubd-di.html)

Let's discuss UbD+Di - emmaswan - 01-13-2012 10:54 AM

Hello! I'm new to this forum and I didn't know that there was an educational forum pala for teachers here Smile I've read and heard about this UbD+Di lalo na dun sa Facebook fan page ng Rex Book Store. I've researched a little about it pero I was hoping to understand it better kaya naiisip kong magpost na lang dito para kapwa teachers can enlighten me on it. I saw a few threads that tackle Understanding by Design or UbD lang. Is that different from UbD+Di? I want to pitch this sana din to our school kasi I think we need to adjust our curriculum din Smile

RE: Let's discuss UbD+Di - admin - 01-22-2012 07:11 AM

DI = differentiated instruction, right?

RE: Let's discuss UbD+Di - emmaswan - 01-24-2012 11:16 AM

(01-22-2012 07:11 AM)admin Wrote:  DI = differentiated instruction, right?

Yes Smile I understand na yung ibang threads dito are discussing UbD or Understanding by Design lang pero I saw some books and posts c/o of Rex Book Store sa Facebook that combine both UbD+Di or Differentiated Instruction Smile As per what I've read and researched so far, ang UbD kasi addresses the need for "centrality of standards" when it comes to discussing lessons, etc. but sometimes educators forget that students have diverse learning styles and harbor different multiple intelligences which is what Di or Differentiated Instruction is trying to focus on Smile Kaya feeling ko okay yung combination nung 2 eh. What do you think? May mga schools na ba that practice UbD? or UbD+Di? Smile