EduPhil.org Forum
Medical Examination for new teacher - Printable Version

+- EduPhil.org Forum (http://eduphil.org)
+-- Forum: Teachers' Corner (/teachers-corner-forum.html)
+--- Forum: Teacher Employment Issues (/teacher-employment-issues-forum.html)
+--- Thread: Medical Examination for new teacher (/medical-examination-for-new-teacher.html)

Pages: 1 2

Medical Examination for new teacher - kyaelsmom - 09-04-2010 12:40 AM

Hi Eduphil.org admins/moderators and members alike,

We all know that prior to getting hired for any job is that you must pass the Medical Examination provided by the school (employer). I am currently earning my remaining units in education this semester. I am 29 years old, and my dilema is that I am Type II Diabetic patient. Granting that I will pass the April 2011 LET, will the school that I applied for will hire me since I have an existing disease (diabetes)?

Thank you and more power.

RE: Medical Examination for new teacher - admin - 09-04-2010 06:32 AM

Generally, as long as the disease does not affect your job performance negatively, an employer should not have the right to discriminate against you based on that aspect alone. So of course if one has TB or any communicable disease, a school would have a right not to hire him/her. But diabetes does not have anything to do with your teaching.

RE: Medical Examination for new teacher - kyaelsmom - 09-04-2010 08:18 PM

Thank you so much. Hopefully, there will be a school who will accept me, as my passion is teaching. You gave boost on my morale... =)

RE: Medical Examination for new teacher - admin - 09-05-2010 08:51 AM

You're welcome Smile

RE: Medical Examination for new teacher - sarahj - 04-15-2013 04:49 PM

(09-05-2010 08:51 AM)admin Wrote:  You're welcome Smile

sir admin, what are other medical test na needed para po alam ko na po once ma hire ako, sana po ma bigyan nyo ako ng list of required med. requirements, ur response will be highly appreciated,

thank u so much

RE: Medical Examination for new teacher - teacher1 - 04-15-2013 08:30 PM

(04-15-2013 04:49 PM)sarahj Wrote:  

sir admin, what are other medical test na needed para po alam ko na po once ma hire ako, sana po ma bigyan nyo ako ng list of required med. requirements, ur response will be highly appreciated,

thank u so much

chest x-ray
urinalysis, kasama na jan ung drug test
complete blood count.

this is based on my experience back in 2011. 500pesos all the way na yan. i'm teaching in southern city of ncr.

RE: Medical Examination for new teacher - admin - 04-17-2013 11:42 AM

It depends on the school.

RE: Medical Examination for new teacher - sarahj - 05-06-2013 09:17 AM

(04-17-2013 11:42 AM)admin Wrote:  It depends on the school.

ahhh..ok thank you so much sir admin..may godbless al of us..

RE: Medical Examination for new teacher - sarahj - 05-06-2013 09:23 AM

(04-15-2013 08:30 PM)teacher1 Wrote:  
(04-15-2013 04:49 PM)sarahj Wrote:  

thank u so much

chest x-ray
urinalysis, kasama na jan ung drug test
complete blood count.

this is based on my experience back in 2011. 500pesos all the way na yan. i'm teaching in southern city of ncr.

thank you so much for the reply...i highly appreciated it....godbless in our teaching career

RE: Medical Examination for new teacher - Querubin - 12-06-2013 10:58 AM

Sir,

Good day! I had a question. What if an applicant does have hepatitis B and she was able to teach in a private school for almost 7years. Is she has a chance to employed in a public school?