EduPhil.org Forum
The rules - Printable Version

+- EduPhil.org Forum (http://eduphil.org)
+-- Forum: Education in the Philippines (/education-in-the-philippines-forum.html)
+--- Forum: Reviews of Philippine Schools and Degree Programs (/reviews-of-philippine-schools-and-degree-programs-forum.html)
+--- Thread: The rules (/the-rules.html)

The rules - admin - 07-07-2008 08:26 AM

Please discuss what you like or don't like about each school you will be reviewing. Be as objective as possible, and please take note that this is a public forum and whatever you write may be taken against you.

That said, feel free to start the comments!

RE: The rules - zyrefredric - 07-09-2008 09:29 AM

my mother came from this small island between Mactan island, Bohol and Camotes island..
and by small, i mean, very small!
imagine this: the island is shaped much like mainland cebu. i measured its dimentions by mere walking.. you could walk across the width of the island in less than 5 minutes, and you could walk across the length in less than 15 minutes!! i even tried swimming along the entire perimeter of the island, and it just took me about 30 minutes!!
anyways, the landmarks on the island would be the chapel and the school.. both located on the center of the island..
the school compound houses both the elementary and high school classes.. my aunt is the elementary principal so i could tour around freely..
the school itself is small, composed of only two buildings with 3 floors each, and a few wooden houses turned classrooms.. in fairness to it, the school is pretty tidy.. Smile and i can't help but be envious, seeing that i came from a school (MCSHS) who doesn't even have their own building Sad (but i've heard they already have one just this year.. hooray to them)
two years ago, some senator (i think it was Manny Villar, but i am NOT sure at all, i'm not even sure it WAS a senator, i just remember it's some politician) donated 20 (or something) PC's to the school.. so now they have a computer lab! everybody happy? not quite.. whoever donated it forgot one very important thing: there's no electricity in the island!! (first time i heard about this, i just though "how stupid!" and then i called my aunt and told her since they will not be able to use all those PC's, maybe i could have one? : she said no Sad) last year, they were able to buy a generator for it, but with the continous increase in oil price, i doubt if those PC's would see much use..
and now the teachers.. i have high respect to the teachers of the school.. some of them live in the mainland, and so every single day, they have to ride pumpboats just to get to the island! those who live way too far inland stays in my aunts house and just goes home in the weekends.. and since the community is poor, parents are not able to pay much, and so money to buy materials for their discussions (from chalks to cartolina to everything, sometimes even paper for the sudents everytime they give a test) comes from their wallets..

RE: The rules - urbanguru - 07-12-2008 04:00 PM

zyrefredric Wrote:you could walk across the width of the island in less than 5 minutes, and you could walk across the length in less than 15 minutes!! i even tried swimming along the entire perimeter of the island, and it just took me about 30 minutes!!

oh i might love this place...

can you take me here?

RE: The rules - tobybul - 12-14-2008 07:36 PM

For whatever its worth, the schools that Filipino professionals (engineers, doctors, nurses, PTs, etc) hail from in the city I live in include Adamson, UP, UST, UE, de la Salle, MCU, some Cebu schools, Mindanao State U, FEU.....

RE: The rules - admin - 12-14-2008 08:06 PM

No Atenista?

RE: The rules - toreyhayden - 12-15-2008 08:37 AM

what's the name of the island?

You may want to send a letter to our dear senators.

Or think of sending a letter to the secretary of tourism..

They may be able to help you about that beautiful island.

RE: The rules - admin - 12-15-2008 03:01 PM

I think he is referring to Pandanon Island, or any of the other three bigger islets in the Danajon Reef. I've never been to the other three, but Pandanon fits the description. Half of the island is a private resort.